Happy Wednesday, people of North Austin-Pflugerville! Here’s everything you need to know in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Increasing cloudiness. High: 79 Low: 64.
Here are the top stories in North Austin-Pflugerville today:
- On Monday, May 2, the “Black Pflugerville, Mt. Bonnell Lodge, Measure and Educators in Solidarity will host a Mayoral Candidate…for the upcoming Pflugerville ISD School Board Elections.” The town hall will be hosted by Pflugerville ISD parents Meme Styles and Melanie Jones, and attendees will have the opportunity for “direct questions from the audience.” The event will take place at the Pflugerville Public Library at 1008 Pfluger St. W. from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Those not attending in person will be able to participate via Zoom and can register here. For more details on the discussion topics and for more information, please visit: (Community Impact Newspaper)
- “MUTTS Canine Cantina, America’s Fastest Growing Pet Entertainment Brand,” will open in North Austin in late summer or early fall at 9825 N. Lake Creek Parkway and will feature “an off-leash dog park with an outdoor bar and grill.” Some amenities will include “front and rear covered patios with fans and misting heaters, a Doggie Splash Pad playpen, live music with a giant LED screen and an Evolution self-service dog wash “. Customers will be able to “enjoy the park with or without their four-legged friends”, and when they bring their dog, they will be able to “access the dog park by purchasing a daily, monthly or annual pass”. To learn more about MUTTS Austin developments, MUTTS membership benefits and opening specials, visit muttsaustin.com and read: (PR Newswire)
- On Tuesday, April 26, a “SWAT situation occurred in North Austin” at an apartment complex located “in the 4600 block of the northbound I-35 service route.” The incident which occurred shortly after 5 a.m. involved two individuals who knew each other and were verbally at odds “over a vehicle”, and one of them “pulled out a knife”. When the police arrived, “the person with the knife entered an apartment and refused to come out”, but when the SWAT team arrived, the individual came out “after a few hours…and was placed in custody without incident. For more details on this case, visit: (FOX 7 Austin)
Today in North Austin-Pflugerville:
From my notebook:
- “We’re in the middle of spring storm season in Texas! This Pflugerville Fire Department safety checklist can help you prepare to protect yourself and your family during severe storms. Check it out at https://warncentraltexas.org/.” (Facebook)
- “Put those electronics aside and get ready for our last Unplug and Explore trip of the season! We’ll be hiking and swimming in Krause Springs on Saturday, May 14! Registration is just $8 (Pflugerville residents ). Join now at https://bit.ly/3M7HkK5.” (Facebook)
- “Who’s ready for Public Safety Day?” Join the Pflugerville Police Department at the Pfield on Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a bouncy house, games, food, bike rodeo, photo ops, resources and more! a great opportunity to get to know us and other first responders in the area. » (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the North Austin-Pflugerville Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Please follow and stay informed. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with another update!
— Gabriela Couvillion
About me: I am a working mother of two adult sons and a lifelong resident of San Antonio. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my free time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and please let us know if you have any news and events that our readers might enjoy!