PHOENIX – Initial results show that most of the measures are on track to be approved in Tuesday’s court elections in Maricopa County.
About half of the Phoenix area’s registered voters live in the 25 jurisdictions – cities and school districts – participating in the elections, with most issues relating to obligations and budget issues.
The 1.4 million registered voters eligible to participate received advance ballots that could be returned by mail or dropped off at polling centers. In-person voting was also available.
According to the Maricopa County Elections Department, about 19% of eligible voters voted early. The results of those votes were released Tuesday evening.
Here are the measures that were about to be enacted after Tuesday night’s report (ESD primary school district; UHSD-union secondary school district; USD unified school district):
- City of Chandler Questions 1-5, Bond Approvals
- Town of Gilbert Question 1, approval of the bond
- Town of Gilbert Proposition 462, Southwest Gas Franchise
- City of Scottsdale Proposition 463 General Plan 2035
- City of Surprise Question 1, EPCOR Water franchise
- Arlington ESD issue, continuation of the budget waiver
- Chandler USD question, continuation of budget override
- Fountain Hills USD Question 1, continuation of the budget override
- Gila Bend USD Question, join West District-MEC
- Isaac Question ESD, continuation of the budget waiver
- Kyrene ESD Question, continuation of the budget waiver
- Littleton ESD Question 1, bond approval
- Littleton ESD Question 2, join West District-MEC
- ESD Pendergast question, bond approval
- Phoenix ESD issue, continuation of budget waiver
- Phoenix UHSD Question 1, continuation of budget override
- Phoenix UHSD Question 2, budget increase
- EDD Riverside question, budget increase
- Tolleson UHSD question, bond approval
- Roosevelt ESD Question 1, continuation of the budget waiver
- Roosevelt EDD Question 2, budget increase
Here are the metrics where the no was in the lead after Tuesday:
- Agua Fria UHSD question, continuation of the budget exemption
- ESD Buckeye question, continuation of the budget waiver
- Buckeye UHSD question, continuation of the budget waiver
- Cave Creek USD Question, Bond Approval
- Fountain Hills USD Question 2, budget increase
- Higley USD question, bond approval
- Liberty ESD question, continuation of the budget exemption
- Litchfield ESD question, continuation of the budget waiver
- Queen Creek ESD Question, Bond Approval
The county said the results of the ballots cast on Monday would be released on Wednesday, with Tuesday’s poll results coming on Thursday.
“While the vast majority of the ballots have been compiled, today we are verifying the signatures, processing and compiling the ballots we received yesterday,” said Stephen Richer, Maricopa County Recorder. tweeted Wednesday morning.
Voters can track the status of their ballot at BeBallotReady.Vote. Anyone whose signature is disputed has until 5 p.m. on Friday to contact the electoral service.