One hundred and nine municipal agencies and local non-profit arts and history organizations in Middlesex County have been the recipients of the 2022 Arts and History Grants for a total amount of $2,178,672, according to an announcement on Wednesday from the Middlesex County Communications Administration Office.
Currently, three types of funding opportunities are available: General Operating Support, Program Support and Historic Preservation, and Capital Grants. The grant cycle opens each summer with the announcement of grant guidelines and a series of grant writing workshops.
Funding for these grants is made possible by the Middlesex County Board of Commissioners through the Middlesex County Cultural and Arts Trust Fund. Middlesex County funding partners include the New Jersey Historical Commission and the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
Here is a list of total funding amounts by discipline:
- Total amount awarded for dance: $327,450
- Total amount awarded for festivals/popular life: $233,425
- Total multidisciplinary amount awarded: $260,025
- Total amount awarded for music/choir: $158,950
- Total amount awarded for public art: $24,325
- Total theater amount awarded: $945,457
- Total amount granted for the visual arts: $69,675
- Historical total amount awarded: $120,365
- Historical preservation and total amount of capital awarded: $39,000