**Only citizens of Kenya, Ghana, Senegal and South Africa or permanent residents authorized to work in these countries will be considered. This position is dependent on funding.
IREX is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous and inclusive world by empowering young people, developing leaders, strengthening institutions and expanding access to education and information. quality. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries and a global workforce of 600 people. We work in over 100 countries around the world.
IREX is seeking qualified candidates as Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisors to support the First Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). This project will empower and connect young African leaders as they drive inclusive economic growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and strengthen peace and security in sub-Saharan Africa. The MEL Advisor will be based in an African country and will develop and implement the Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach, MERL system and program learning curriculum.
Summary of responsibilities
- Ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; work with the leadership team to apply program learnings to adapt implementation to maximize results.
- Develop and lead a culture of learning across the programme, engaging young people, staff, partners and stakeholders in learning and adaptation.
- Develop and implement a monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning plan for all program components, including the development of a results framework; identification of process, product and outcome indicators; and a robust mixed methodology to routinely collect and analyze program data from a wide range of sources.
- Work with partners to develop MEL approaches and tools and ensure the application of high quality MEL and data collection activities; oversee partner capacity building.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Produce MEL reports for project manager, donors and other key stakeholders to inform data-driven adaptive program management and sharing of lessons learned.
- Develop annual performance plans and annual MEL plans.
- Supervise a team of MEL employees located in the field.
- International travel will be required.
- Other assigned duties.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Citizenship or residency of a Kenyan, Ghanaian, Senegalese or South African country with authorization to work in those countries is required.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field, such as education, international development, nonprofit management, with a focus on evaluation methodologies and at least five (5) years of experience (or a bachelor’s degree with seven (7) years of experience) in designing and implementing M&E and learning systems on complex USAID-funded initiatives, preferably focused on youth leadership development; youth leadership training and professional development; network development; alumni engagement; and the commitment of various partners.
- Demonstrated experience measuring impact using innovative digital tools.
- Experience in the design of survey and research tools, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative research, data quality assessments and dissemination of results.
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience using M&E systems to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment within a program.
- Demonstrated success in the design, implementation and operation of program MERL systems from start-up to close-out required.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including selecting indicators, setting targets, producing reports, managing databases, and developing MEL and performance tracking plans.
- Experience in the management and ongoing training of MEL field agents.
- The ability to communicate professionally and provide written reports in English is required.
- Experience implementing a multi-country or regional MEL system highly preferred.
How to register
Please click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oe1FkfwY&s=ReliefWeb to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.